With 17 + years of experience as a designer in the fields of interior design and architecture, I’m working towards becoming a registered architect. I work in an environment that pushes the current limits of my abilities and allows me the opportunities to be a mentor and also be mentored. Fundamental influences in my career range from travel to the love of books as well as the idea that we can design buildings and spaces that comply with the principles of social, economic, and ecological sustainability.
My BA from the University of Florida has enabled me to pursue opportunities in almost every corner of the lower 48 and now in The Last Frontier of Alaska. I have made it a priority to become well versed in all phases of the design process from programming & space planning through design development, specification writing and, construction to furniture, fixtures, equipment specifications and owner occupancy. I enjoy doing evidence based design research for projects, provide a customer service orientated approach, and strive to engage my clients throughout the design process and shared excitement over their new space.
My professional work includes experience in areas of Office, Commercial, Cultural, Worship, Hospitality, National Defense, Public Facilities, Transportation, Educational, Retail and most notably, Healthcare. Former employers include Callison Architecture and ZGF Architects in Seattle, Washington and RIM Design in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Providence Alaska Medical Center, 4 North Medical Surgical Unit & Renal Care Unit – renovation, Anchorage, AK.
- Anchorage Women’s Clinic – Renovation, Anchorage, AK.
- Advanced Physical Therapy – Renovation and Addition, Wasilla, AK.
- Talkeetna Public Library – New Construction, Talkeetna, AK.
- Sleeping Lady – New Medical Office Building, Wasilla, AK.
- Palmer Senior Center, Adult Day Services – Renovation, Palmer, AK.
- Providence Transitional Care Facility – New Construction, Anchorage, AK.
- Perkins Coie – Tenant Improvement , Anchorage, AK.
- Dr. Beth Crow – New Medical Office Building, Anchorage, AK.
- Aeromedical Mental Health Facility – New Office Building, Anchorage, AK.
- Statoil – Tenant Improvement at JL Tower, Anchorage, AK.
- 3700 Centerpoint – Interior design for the core & shell and building amenities, Anchorage, AK.
- South Peninsula Hospital – Hospital Renovation and Addition, Homer, AK.
- CIHA Headquarters – Tenant Improvements, Anchorage, AK.
- Chevron North America Exploration and Production– Tenant Improvements, Anchorage, AK.
- Providence Everett Medical Center– New Construction, Seattle, WA.
- One Main Place, Corporate TI – Tenant Improvement, Seattle, WA.
- Legacy, Mt. Hood Emergency Department – Expansion & Renovation, Portland, OR.
- IDX Tower Information and Transformation Kiosk– Tenant Improvement, Seattle, WA.
- Microsoft TI at Bear Creek & Building 88– Tenant Improvements, Seattle, WA.
- King County New Office Building at Goat Hill – New Construction, Seattle, WA.
- Nordstrom – Full line stores – New Construction & Remodels – multiple locations throughout Continental United States
My personal passions include sustainability as well as hiking. I have a personal interest in both State and National Parks and currently sit on the Citizen Advisory Board for Alaska State Parks Matanuska and Susitna Valley Region. My goal is to always strive to be a good steward of the environment, seek improvement, and accept the challenge to leave this planet in a little bit better of a place than when I got here.