To be eligible to sit for the CHID exam, you must have:
If you meet those criteria, the next steps are to:
- Submit a completed application form. A passport-size photograph, autographed across the front in blue ink must be attached to the application form.
- Supply evidence of NCIDQ/NCARB certification.
- Provide three (3) original signed letters of reference from clients preferably for different projects, on the clients’ letterhead, containing specific language that indicates the applicant’s specific role in the projects submitted with the portfolio. Client references can consist of: owner, project manager, construction manager or contractor.
- Submit your portfolio. * These projects are to depict a variety of healthcare spaces within Acute Care, Ambulatory Care and/or Residential Healthcare Facilities. These projects may be broken out to the different department areas within the larger project, such as an Emergency Department or an Inpatient Med/Surgical Unit. Projects can be of new construction, additions or renovation projects.
- Provide a supplemental list of other Healthcare and Residential Healthcare projects (encouraged, but not required).
Dates and Deadlines
The next examination will be administered during the window of October 1-31 at the location of the examinee’s choice (home or office) via an online, remote proctored exam. The examination will also be offered November 4 on-site during the Healthcare Design Expo & Conference (HCD) via an online, in-person proctored exam.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2019
To submit your application along with a portfolio, please download and review the Candidate Handbook.