Libby Laguta has over 32 years of healthcare experience. Libby coordinates workflow with the latest technologies to create healthcare spaces that promote wellness, enhance the patient experience, and enable excellent healthcare outcomes. Libby focuses on building long-term relationships with her clients, which include some of the country’s largest healthcare providers.
Her experience includes working with hospitals, senior living communities, behavioral health, cancer treatments centers, and women and children’s centers. She also works with organizations to implement long-range master plans. The requirements for one client incorporated 70 departments within a hospital and a 5-year, 4-phase project for a children’s hospital.
Libby is a published author in interior design trade magazines and has written several articles for Atlanta Hospital News. She is also a nationally qualified interior designer and has completed projects in the Midwest, Northeast, and Southeast United States.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design, Virginia Commonwealth University, cum laude
Certificate in Gerontology
- “Cultural Cues – A Stigma-Free Model of Care for ‘Sidelined’ Adults,” Medical Design and Construction, July/August, 2018
- “How Mergers and Acquisitions Affect Design,” Health Facilities Management, September, 2016
- “Creative Yet Practical Design”Atlanta, Hospital News, December, 2009
- “Back to the Future”Atlanta Hospital News, June, 2009
- “How Do We Put the ‘Human’ Back in Hospitals?”Atlanta Hospital News June, 2008
- “Can You Wait Here?” Metro Atlanta MD News, 2002
- “Casework and Laminate,”American Hospital Association
- National Council for Interior Design Qualification, #013434
- Registered Interior Designer, State ofGeorgia, License #000333
- EDAC – Evidence-Based Design Accreditation and Certification #CHD-05-8942
- South Carolina Department of Mental Health – Design Standards
- Peachtree Orthopedic – Atlanta, GA
- Grady Health System – Atlanta, GA
- Gwinnett Medical Center – Lawrenceville, GA
- Gwinnett Medical Center – Duluth, GA
- North Fulton Medical Center – Roswell, GA