The AAHID Board of Directors application must be completed in its entirety to be considered. The deadline to apply is September 1, 2022.
Documents and information you will need to provide to complete the application:
The general responsibilities of the Board of Director (BOD) members are the following:
- Attends all BOD meetings and actively participates in the discussion and decision making process at the meetings.
- When acting a Board Liaison to a Committee, actively support the Committee Chair and report to the Board regularly on committee progress.
- Fulfill all fiduciary requirements.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as noted in the AAHID Bylaws.
- Supports and upholds the decisions of the BOD.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all matters including the portfolio process and exam.
- Participates in strategic planning for AAHID.
- Copies all correspondence relative to AAHID matters to the President of the BOD and the AAHID Senior Staff.
- Support the AAHID President and Board of Directors on other duties as assigned.
- Mentor active committee members for their potential advancement.
- Answers all correspondence in a timely manner and maintains a record of such correspondence.
- Informs AAHID office of changes in address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, or other contact information.
- Completes assigned tasks in a cost-effective, efficient manner.
- Orients the successor to the position.
- Completes Conflict of Interest agreement annually.
- Commits to the full term of office.
- Be a voting member of the board.
- CHID Certificant in good standing.
- Ability and willingness to represent AAHID in a professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to share resources.
- Knowledge of current healthcare design community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization.
- Knowledge of financial management.
- Strong communication skills; including telephone, virtual meeting and verbal communication, as well as strong writing and editing skills.
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Willingness to speak in public forum.
Position: Selected by Nominations Committee and appointed/approved by Board of Directors
Length of Term: Three Years