The AAHID Board of Directors application must be completed in its entirety to be considered.
Documents and information you will need to provide to complete the application:
The general responsibilities of the Board of Director (BOD) members are the following:
- Attends all BOD meetings and actively participates in the discussion and decision making process at the meetings.
- When acting a Board Liaison to a Committee, actively support the Committee Chair and report to the Board regularly on committee progress.
- Fulfill all fiduciary requirements.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as noted in the AAHID Bylaws.
- Supports and upholds the decisions of the BOD.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all matters including the portfolio process and exam.
- Participates in strategic planning for AAHID.
- Copies all correspondence relative to AAHID matters to the President of the BOD and the AAHID Senior Staff.
- Support the AAHID President and Board of Directors on other duties as assigned.
- Mentor active committee members for their potential advancement.
- Answers all correspondence in a timely manner and maintains a record of such correspondence.
- Informs AAHID office of changes in address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, or other contact information.
- Completes assigned tasks in a cost-effective, efficient manner.
- Orients the successor to the position.
- Completes Conflict of Interest agreement annually.
- Commits to the full term of office.
- Be a voting member of the board.
- CHID Certificant in good standing.
- Ability and willingness to represent AAHID in a professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to share resources.
- Knowledge of current healthcare design community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization.
- Knowledge of financial management.
- Strong communication skills; including telephone, virtual meeting and verbal communication, as well as strong writing and editing skills.
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Willingness to speak in public forum.
Position: Selected by Nominations Committee and appointed/approved by Board of Directors
Length of Term: Three Years