American Academy of Healthcare Interior Designers (AAHID)
Be recognized for your excellence, commitment, and knowledge of acute, ambulatory and residential care facility design. Led by experienced healthcare interior designers and architects, the AAHID board of directors strives to continually improve the CHID application process, study materials, and examination. AAHID calls upon the proficiency and expertise of healthcare design professionals to uphold the highest standards of professionalism and integrity.
The mission of AAHID is the certification of interior designers qualified by education, examination, training, and experience to provide interior design services to safeguard public health, safety and welfare in the healthcare industry.
High standards and values distinguish CHID Certified Healthcare Interior Designers®:
- The healthcare industry recognizes the CHID credential as the highest standard for the knowledge needed and experience required to address acute, ambulatory and residential care environments.
- CHID enhances the health and safety of patients, residents, family members, and healthcare providers.
- CHID supports evidence-based research and the impact of design on healthcare outcomes.
- CHID requires ongoing continuing education for recertification to improve knowledge and maintain the highest standards of professionalism, integrity, and competence.
- CHID values partners who transform the healthcare environment by enhancing safety, improving outcomes and maximizing efficiency.
Board of Directors
Year in Review