AAHID Education Session held during HCD 2020
Teri Lura Bennett, RN, CHID, CID, IIDA, EDAC, Lead Interior Designer (retired), Johns Hopkins Health System
Shari Solomon, Esq., President, CleanHealth Environmental LLC
Barbara Dellinger, MA, FIIDA, CHID, CID, EDAC, NCIDQ, Director, Design & Research, Adventist HealthCare
Linda Gabel, CHID, IIDA, Senior Interior Design Planner, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
Jane Rohde, CHID, ACHA, AIA, FIIDA, LEED AP BD+C, Principal, JSR Associates, Inc.
On November 12, 2020 the Durable Coated Fabrics Task Group presented “Spec It Right: Know Your Durable Coated Fabrics – Reduce Failures and Advance Understanding using the Durable Coated Fabric Programming & Selection Guide for Healthcare” during Healthcare Design Virtual. Slides and supporting materials from the presentation are now available on the AAHID website’s Durable Coated Fabrics page and linked below.
- Demonstrate knowledge of durable coated fabric construction, performance characteristics, field reporting, challenges of cleaning and disinfecting processes and procedures.
- Recognize the challenges and benefits of conducting real-world, third party lab tests and field studies to evaluate the impact of environmental contaminates, cleaning chemicals, and methods on 24/7 heavy duty durable coated fabrics.
- Provide background and demonstration of the “Durable Coated Fabric Programming and Selection Guide for Healthcare” to evaluate, prioritize, and inform selection of durable coated fabrics appropriate to your projects.
- Evaluate multiple attributes when specifying durable coated fabrics to improve successful outcomes.
Presentation Slides and Supporting Materials:
- Spec It Right: Know Your Durable Coated Fabrics – Reduce Failures and Advance Understanding using the Durable Coated Fabric Programming & Selection Guide for Healthcare
AAHID Education Session held during HCD Virtual – November 2020
- Durable Coated Fabric Programming and Selection Guide for Healthcare
Fabric Review Checklist
- Recommended Minimum Performance Standards for Vinyl-Coated and Other Chemical Coated Upholstery Fabrics – Healthcare
Chemical Fabrics and Film Association – November 2020