Recently Retired Healthcare Interior Designer? Keep your CHID credential current by applying for Emeritus CHID Status.
Become an Emeritus CHID if you retire from your Healthcare Interior Design career, or transition to another field, you can apply for “Emeritus CHID” status. If approved by the AAHID Board, you will be granted the right to use the Emeritus CHID appellation.
To be considered for Emeritus CHID status, you must be a CHID in good standing. If your CHID certification has lapsed, prior to which you were a CHID in good standing, AAHID will consider providing an exception. If approved, you will be granted the right to use the Emeritus CHID appellation.
Emeritus CHIDs will:
- Pay a one-time fee for Emeritus Status
- No longer be required to recertify or maintain CEU’s
- Be entitled to use the “Emeritus CHID” appellation
- No longer be entitled to use the “CHID” appellation
- Be eligible to serve as a subject matter expert and/or invited guest of the AAHID Board and/or AAHID committees
- Not be eligible to serve as a member of the AAHID Board and/or AAHID committees
- Retain their profile page in the CHID Directory
Continue to receive AAHID CHID e-mails and have access to AAHID social media